Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Some Human Foods are Toxic to our Pugs, Be Careful...

Every pug loves to get table scraps and it is hard to say ‘No’ to that little pug face staring at you while you are trying to eat.  However, did you know there are many human foods that are toxic to pugs are could cause internal damage or death. 

Here are some of the human foods that are toxic:

Grapes and Raisins – they are poisonous and can be toxic within a few hours.  Your pug will have diarrhea, vomit, could be wobbly, not able to urinate as normal.  Could cause severe damage to kidneys or even lead to death.

Avocados – there is nothing noted specifically on what happens but could lead to loss of breath, fluid accumulation in chest, vomit, diarrhea, and heart problems.  The lack of oxygen could lead to death.

Onions – they destroys red blood cells.  Onions causes your pug to have a rapid heart rate, be lethargic, weak, vomit, diarrhea, and blood in their urine.  Could cause damage to kidneys and could lead to death.

Tomatoes – are poisonous and are dangerous over a long period of time of being eaten by your pug.  They could cause your pug to have tremors, seizures, heart arrhythmias, dilated pupils, colic, diarrhea, vomit, and coma to possible death.

Mushrooms – be careful of the wild mushrooms also.  It is mainly the cap of the mushrooms but in general mushrooms are very poisonous and considering the mushroom is pending the symptoms which could happen.  White mushrooms are not as dangerous.  Some symptoms are nervousness, bloody diarrhea, anxiety, restlessness, wheezing, slow heart beat and death.

Fruit pits – such as peaches and nectarines, they have cyanide and can cause obstruction in your pug’s intestines which lead to death within days. 

Various nuts from walnuts, pecans, Macadamia, pistachios, and Brazil – all have low levels of poison which pending how much your pug eats is pending how sick your pug will get.  Symptoms could be vomit, bloody or blackened stools, lethargy, liver failure and death.

The list above is just a few of the many toxic foods there are many more such as chocolate, garlic, chives, seeds, and etcetera, so it is best to not feed your pug human food unless instructed by a veterinarian, pet nutritionists or you have done extensive research for the right foods, the right amount, and how it should be served (cooked, raw, dehydrated).  Any type of food change with your pug it is best to check with your veterinarian. 

PLEASE, any intake of any toxic foods or plants you should take your pug immediately to the nearest veterinarian for emergency care. 



#pug #Pugs #pugworld #pugnation #toxicfoods #dangerousfoods #veteranservicedog #nohumanfood 

No comments:

Post a Comment